Lots of bloggers do the "Thankful Thursday" posts, so, I think I’ll give ‘er a shot:
1. The new dishwasher is in. It works. I’ve run two loads already. The old one looks sad and lonely out by the curb.
2. This Saturday, I’m going to one of my favorite places in the world to go to, Smiley Hollow. If you have never been to Smiley Hollow, you should go. It’s a little piece of heaven right here on earth. What better time to go than in the fall and hear Dale Ann Bradley, Patty Loveless, Mr. Smiff and Them, and a bunch more great music at the Nashville Music Classic?
3. Dan Miller’s latest post in his Notebook, made me get a little teary. I’m thankful for warm fuzzies and good people who can still make us smile even when they’ve not been on this earth in awhile.
4. I’m thankful for those warm, fuzzy memories that prevent me from wringing my 13 year old’s neck when she gets smart assed and full of attitude with me, like she just did.
5. I’m thankful that the kids are out of school tomorrow and I can sleep in. I’ll probably be up by 7, but, the thought that I don’t have to get up early in the morning is nice.(I’m kinda getting attached to the Channel 2 morning line up, all the way through The View. At 11 though, my allegiance goes to Ellen).
6. I accomplished so much around Casa de Smiff today, my feet hurt.
7. I’m thankful for those little reminders that Comcast has that you can set so you can watch a tv show you might otherwise forget about. In fact, my reminder is sounding now so I must go watch Bette Davis on the Dick Cavett Show in 1971 on TCM.